Contact Us for help
Follow on Facebook Follow on X Follow on LinkedIn Follow on Spotify Follow on iTunes
Join the Planning Geek Facebook Group

New Gov Change of Use rules

Guest Anonymous

Hello, we have viewed a beautiful holiday let property for sale and have requested the accounts which show that for the last 3 years it has made a loss.

We would like to see about putting a static caravan/lodge within the large grounds for extra income and then one day live in one of the properties ourselves.

We have been told about new legislation due that should see class C1 Hotels (incl holiday homes) being allowed to change use to C3 residential homes. Has anyone seen what is proposed and know if this is highly likely to happen? We've searched the internet for help but can only find info on change of use from C3 to C1, and not the other way around.

Many thanks,

Mrs Anonymous

• Administrators

Hi,

Thanks for the message and welcome to the forums.

At the moment we do not know when the changes will happen or what they might be.

I wrote an article back in August based on the information that I am aware of.  You can read that at https://www.planninggeek.co.uk/2023/permitted-development-changes/

But until the legislation is published we will not know if all these proposals will happen or some of them etc.

Once I do know, I will publish it on Planning Geek.